With the plans at the Japanese end being well underway, funding for their side of project has been obtained from the "Green Business Fund" and planning permission has been applied for, the European team met on 16 January to discuss their plans and funding opportunities. The German delegation gathered at Hannes' home and those from further afield 'visited' using Skype - a laptop computer and a data projector enabling them to talk to the rest of the group!
The initial plans were agreed:
- dates 7-21 August 2010 location nr Enzan, Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan
- around 40 Japanese craftsmen will attend
- around 30 European craftsmen have expressed an interest in attending (2 French, 8 Czech, 3 UK, 1 Swedish, 15 German, 1 Dutch) plus Nicola as photographer/video recorder
- the Japanese delegation will lead the building of a tea house
- the European delegation will lead the building of a pavilion with barbecue area and table football facilities
- the buildings will be temporary and will travel around colleges in Japan after the event